Attend the only course offered in the USA on this important trend. Review sample physician employment contracts and learn how each contract works in hospital-owned and private practice settings.
Analyzing and Negotiating Physician Employment Agreements
No matter which way you look at it, whether you own your own practice, become a part of a large physician group, or become an employee of a hospital, you will be signing an employment contract of some sort. Maria Todd, author of The Physician Employment Contract Handbook, Second Edition: A Guide to Structuring Equitable Arrangements leads this timely one-day workshop that reviews various issues and topics addressed in physician employment contracts and explains how each contract works.
- The latest managed care entities how they view employed physician relationships
- Review of basic concepts in fraud and abuse, corporate practice of medicine, and antitrust concerns.
- Gain an appreciation of the various legal and compliance issues related to physician employment, such as anti-self referral and anti-kickback issues
- Learn how to resolve disputes through arbitration or mediation to avoid the hassle, cost and negative publicity involved in litigation.
- Understand the pros and cons of various partnership arrangements
After you have completed the workshop, you will be able to ask deeper and more meaningful questions of legal and accounting counsel. You'll feel more confident when you review and analyze an agreement you've been offered. You'll also be able to compare a prospective employer’s contract to other standard agreements without endangering confidentiality agreements.
You'll come away from the workshop able to design standard text, saving you time and money on legal fees. You'll still need an attorney and an accountant to review your draft document or changes you want to negotiate, But you'll spend less to have them add the final touches to contract drafts instead of starting from scratch.
With proper planning and a clear understanding of both short- and long-term objectives, you can move into the future and take advantage of opportunities in the current healthcare revolution.
Tools & Takeaways
Bring back helpful checklists, tools, tips, and techniques to help you set better employment arrangements to meet personal and organizational goals.
Seminar - 6 hours
Beginner / Intermediate
What's Included in Registration Fee...
- Continental Breakfast, Beverages
- AM/PM Break Refreshments
- After class reception
- Course Materials on a USB Drive
- Comprehensive Contract Review Checklist
- Handy and Helpful Reference Materials
- Course Completion Certification
- 60-minute post-seminar conference call for follow up questions
Stay for the weekend and visit the national parks and recreation areas nearby
- Outpatient Clinics
- Healthcare Business Managers
- Private Practice Physician Owners
- Residents and Fellows
- Medical Group Administrators
- Behavioral Healthcare Providers
- Physician Extenders
- Organizations Seeking to Hire a Medical Director
- MSO, ACO, IPA and PHO leadership
- Hospital board members
Thursday, January 25, 2018
The Healthcare Business Institute
Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club & Resort
St George (SGU), Utah